![]() |
| Kaneko.san |
Sad news: I've been informed by Rick and Yuko that a tragic accident happened at Koneoyama a few days ago. Apparently Kaneko-san had suffered a major accident upon landing and had passed away shortly later in the hospital. Presently no additional info is available.
| Kaneko-san at Komenpyama |
I had the pleasure of meeting Kaneko-san first at Daikanbo, then he regularly updated Yuko and me on the flying conditions at Komenoyama. Finally I was able to meet him again on my last flying day on Kyushu. He has been extremely welcoming and helpful. He didn‘ t seem to me a pilot who would take unnecessary risks. But I remember Pat Bal telling me that the LZ could be turbulent under certain conditions (and that it could be advisable to land further out towards the HG LZ.) But I don't know if this has been a contributing factor!
It's tragic to loose such a friendly personality and great pilot!

No comments:
Post a Comment