Saturday, 4 May 2019

Japan -day 26: Travel

...looooong travelling day: HND-FRA-ZRH.

The eye (due to the increased application of drops) felt quite ok in the morning.
I left for Haneda by using the Tokyo Monorail from Hamamatsucho to HND.

Luftansa Boeing 747-8
Food: (again) excellent and more than abundant ;-)

somewhere over Siberia

The interesting thing about the flight HND-FRA is the route: extremely to the North (almost 78°N), even 'around' Nowaja Semlja, entering European airspace Northwest of Murmansk. In the '90s you would probably have been shot down if you overflew this island  At that time his area has been completely out of bounds.

                                       ( 'yellow dor' = Murmansk)                     Nowaja Semlja    

Landings: FRA on-time/ ZRH with about 15' delay: 'welcome back'  ;-)
But I cannot really recommend FRA as an airport for transit: arrival at C16, departure from A28: this is a very long walk, especially if you have a short connection! No problems with the eye during the trip :-)
 
Ruth picked me up and I arrived home 23hours after getting up in Tokyo. I'm wondering how long it will take to overcome the jet-lag...

PS: on Monday morning I have an appointment with my 'regular' eye specialist.


 

No comments: