Miguel took me into the mountains to the (ski) resorts of Farellones (2400m) and Valle Nevado (3000m); both have also flying sites.
While Farellones is a rather nice looking place, Valle Nevado is a very artificial resort as I know them from France (Alpe Huez).
| Farellones |
![]() |
| Farellones |
But as I would have been the only one flying (Miguel would have had to drive the car) I choose not to launch. It's mid-summer here with corresponding conditions and to have felt confortable I would have needed to watch some other pilots flying. I know 'chicken', but as you know: 'there are old pilots and there are bold pilots; but there are no old bold pilots' ;-)
![]() |
| Valle Nevado |
![]() |
| Valle Nevado |
But at least I got to see a few condors today...
I have also chosen not to go back to Vizcachas for another evening flight as the conditions looked as weak as the last two days. But it would have meant at least 3 more hours of driving. So Miguel dropped me off at the Airport Holiday Inn. Toworrow I'll have just to walk across the street for check-in.



No comments:
Post a Comment