Thursday, 30 January 2020

Maestro

Today I brought the Maestro to Stefan in Kirchberg (SG). He took measurements of all the lines: A-, B- and C- lines are all within tolerances.
The brake lines as well... B U T   only considering that I have made them already longer by 14 (!) centimetres.
Even now they still seem to be a touch short. And on the first couple of flights they had been made longer only by 5cm, meaning that on those instances they had been about 9cm too short :-((
It's interesting too see that 'my feeling' made me prolong the lines to almost the correct value according the DHV-line sheet. 
Stefan is now mailing the data to PHI - I'm curios to see, what they will say...
He will also be flying the glider one of the next days (weather permitting/ and with lots of ballast)...

Stefan kiting my wing
For those wondering why I prolonged the brake lines in the first place (as this is something we're not supposed to do): after my accident in 2012, I cannot any more stretch out my left arm fully, so I need to have the brake handles a bit 'further down'.

No comments: