Friday, 21 August 2020

Scuol -2

Yesterday PeterW and I had wanted to drive to Disentis and watch a bit of 'PWC-action', but we didn't like too much the fcst - especially the 3-4 hp south overpressure.


(see exerpt from the disentisopen-site below)

20. August 2020

Meteo and preview:
Until noon in the east (Flims-Davos) still cloud fields
1-2/8 Cumulus rising to 3300
Individual overdevelopments possible at the very east
Thermal weak to moderate, relatively ! late start

Pressure gradient increases from 3 to 4hp south overpressure
Wind from here to Calanda:
No or weak valley winds, in Chur ev weak south wind
2000m 15kmh SW
3000m 20-25kmh SW

East of the Rhine the SW wind should be weaker. Davos should have weak, normal valley wind (north) at 15h.


>> so we decided to call it a day and leave the flying to the 'cracks' ;-)
-------------------------------------------

Unfortunately today PeterW had to work again so I went to Scuol on my own: many more pilots on launch! Conditions looked promising, but it took a moment for the thermals to devellop. Some guy flew a FAI-Triangle of 211km!


But I cannot show (even a remotely) similar performance :-(
After about 2 hours of flying I lacked a bit the motivation to continue and landed at Scuol. On the positive side: at least the average speed was a bit higher than 2 days ago ;-)


the castle at Tarasp
Pano looking East: Ftan, Scuol, Inn river, Tarasp

No comments: