Saturday, 8 August 2020

Good conditions - lousy flying (Plan Praz)

Probably I had just one or two bites too much meat last night for dinner and therefore slept rather badly ;-)

 
I arrived early (for me) on launch at 1000 (that's rather early for me) and hung around for about an hour watching and taking pictures.

Plan Praz launch, looking towards le Brévent
 
I never had an urge to quickly go ahead and get airborne, so I finally launched at 1130. Good conditions permitted me to get above 'le Brévent' in just a short while.
 
le Brévent
 
According to Vincent's advise I tried to fly East first - direction 'Aiguilles Rouges'. Unfortunately I didn't find much lift so I turned around at 'Flégère'.
But I was already too low and also lacked the motivation/ drive to hang-in the weak, bumpy thermals. Landing at 'Savoy' after just 50 minutes...
Later (after having packed up), it looked as conditions had improved as quite a number of gliders could be seen above 'Aiguilles Rouges'.
 
If you want to hike up to Plan Praz (instead of taking the gondola) there is a nice track. It's 'just' a 1000m climb ;-)

No comments: