With the promising forecast I decided to travel to Wallis. Overnight I stayed in Niederwald, just a few kilometers to the east of Fiesch.
But in the morning I decided to go to Verbier (instead of Fiesch). The main reason: I the evening I wanted to be in Les Houches (near Chamonix), so I can fly for the next few days together with my friend Vincent, who lives there.
Unfortunately the thermal activity was unusally weak, even if the parameters looked good:
- post frontal,
- cold night,
- little wind.
The only thing I can immagine: as it has rained very heavily during the last two days, there was just too much humidity left in the ground, so the sun's energy was spent in drying up the ground...
Anyway, after 3 hours of parawaiting, I also launched and could fly for close to 1.5hrs. Shortly before landing I was working on my wing-overs: I had a right wing-tip collapse and when the tip reopened rather violently the stabilo line snapped :-(
Luckily I found a company nearby (in Bex/ Monthey) specilizing (among other things) in paraglider repair: Asagiri SA
Even as it already was well past 1800, the guy there agreed to wait for my arrival at 1900 and he fixed the problem right away: that's what I call perfect/ outstanding service!! - and I have never been a customer there before...
I finally arrived in Chamonix just as the sun was setting.




No comments:
Post a Comment