Tuesday, 11 August 2020

:-))

Finally - with a delay of a bit more than a week (4 iso 2-3 weeks as 'promised') my new wing has arrived :-))  Today I could pick it up at 'Paragliding Touch and Go' in Rickenbach. Peter has (as usual) done everything possible to have the glider here as fast as possible, but as it had to be sent from Spain by Niviuk, there was not much he could do to accelerate delivery.

Of course I had to fly the wing right away ;-)  A nice local flight from Rothenfluh (1.25hrs)

Rothenfluh: launch(es)
right to left: Rothenfluh, Grosser Mythen, Kleiner Mythen

It flies beautifully; especially accelerated glide is amazing. There has been a small problem, as the wing didn't really want to turn left, whereas to the right it turned by weight-shift only...

After the flight I had my harness checked by Peter and he found that one of the (many) adjustment options didn't have the same setting as on the other side. But that's now fixed and I'm looking forward for the next flight :-)

 

777 Rook2: some statistics:

I bought the wing almost 4 years ago (12.9.2016) and flew it for about 260 flights. Longest flight: 4hr17min and 89kms (from Motta Naluns, Scuol).

It has served me very well during those 4 years and I never had a major problem!

"the King is dead, long live the new King!"

 

No comments: