Saturday, 21 August 2021

Scuol

 

Daytrip to Scuol; again I left my car in Schiers... Arriving on launch at Motta Naluns I met Marlies, Erich and Peter. The wx situation didn't look too promising in the beginning: SW/ W-winds and low base: most pilots had problems staying up; some also changed from the E-launch to the S-launch. Finally -after having waited about 1 hour- the situation started to improve: winds less westerly and pilots able to climb out.

But it still was no easy going... I was heading East hoping to climb to base under one of the culmulus clouds. Unfortunately I didn't succed and had to head back towards launch. After some more scratching I was finally able to climb to a decent altitude.

The longer the day wore on the better the conditions became. Heading West (against the wind) I reached a max alt of just over 3600m :-)

Pano looking West: left: Lavin; center: Piz Linard (3410m)

Near Lavin I turned around, as flying back to my car at Schiers didn't seem feasible (the wind above 3000m had turned to NW...)

looking East: Scuol just visible at 0300

Landing after 2 hours and back to my car by train...

Many thanks to Marlies, Erich, Peter and ? for their assistance on launch!


2 comments:

Yu Tao said...

Hi, I have been following your blog for more than a year. I love it!

I think I saw you in the Motta Naluns launch yesterday. I am the Chinese person launching after you. I just checked the xcontest, you launched at 12:44pm and I launched at 12:48pm.

I will say HI in person when I meet you next time.

Enjoy your flights!

fhfs said...

Hello Yu Tao,
Sorry that I missed your comment to my post and that it took so long until I 'released' it. Thanks for your kind words.
I'm glad that we could meet today (1.9.) at Scuol.
BRgds
Taggi