Wednesday: 2 flights at Bassano from Panarotta (Monte Grappa). On the first flight I flew a Leeloo L as Michael was flying my XL wing. I had asked him to do so as a kind of test flight: it probably will be quite a while before this can be done again: everything fine. Thermals have been a bit torn up on the first flight, but much better on the second one.
 |
Panarotta launch on left; Cima Mte Grappa (Center; unfortunately pix badly stitched...)
|
 |
Tapetti -launch
|
I much prefer the way the XL wing handles (compared with the L wing)
On Thursday we then made the loooong drive (> 2.5hrs) to Malcesine on Lago di Garda for a kind of 'mini-SIV': all pilots could fly their preferred manoeuvres under Michael's supervision/ instruction. This is an ideal place to do so, but especially in summer it's a pain in the ass to get to the top of the mountain as (too) many other tourists want to go there as well (due to this I made just 1 flight; the rest made 2).Additionally the wind situation on the lake can be pretty tricky as well. But the instructors had chosen the day well: always launchable on top and not too strong at the landing :-)

 |
launch is on just beyond on the left side
|
 |
the 'famous' LZ by the lake
|
I flew some nice wing-overs, a good steep spiral (using the anti-g) and some big ears; but each pilot could select his own program.
 |
| Michael |
 |
...some food before the long drive back to Bassano...
|
Back at the hotel just before midnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment