Last day of a very long period of excellent flying weather :-)
As was to be expected, quite a number of pilots flocked to Fanas to take advantage of the good conditions. But as I had reserved a place on the gondola the day before, this hasn't been a problem :-)
'As usual' I was (almost) the last to launch, but by that time conditions had nicely turned on...As the thermals had been nicely established -strong but smooth- even arriving a bit low on 'Jägglisch Horn' hadn't been a problem. From there on to my turning point at 'Chessler' (2836) has been easy going.
 |
| Pano over Madrisa looking SE: Monbiel (left), Klosters, Davos (right) |
 |
| Pano near turning point 'Chessler' (left) (looking E) |
Originally I had planned to try to fly via Davos - Arosa, but the southwesterly component would have made the crossing towards Madrisa a bit cumbersome, so I returned the way I came from.
 |
| Pano near Rätschahorn (looking NW): Chrüz (left), St.Antönien |
As the other glider, who was flying near me at this time, didn't make the crossing back to Chrüz, I decided to try to fly via St.Antönien - Rätikon.

 |
| Pano looking NW: Sulzfluh (2817) |
Twice I attempted to fly out towards Schuders/ Schiers but the southwesterly wind had increased even more by now and my ground speed was very low. In order to avoid any risk of sinking out and having to land where there are no really 'nice' landing possibilites, I decided to go with the wind and head towards Montafon / Schruns.
 |
| over Sulzfluh looking N: Lünersee |
 |
| Sulzfluh (from 'behind') |
 |
Schruns / Hochjoch (> flight from 10.3.22)
I arrived really high over Schruns and continuing would have been possible. But as I had to get back to Schiers to retrieve my car, I decided to land here: spiralling down almost 1500m :-)
Luckily I did this, as shortly after having packed up my gear, the local bus to the train station arrived... |
 |
| Schruns, looking towards Hochjoch |
...20 minutes later the train for Bludenz left, with a direct connection to Sargans, then va Landquart back to Schiers. I never had to wait more than 10 minutes for the next train; back home by 2030.
1st flight with Skytraxx 4.0: very interesting instrument with some cool features!
No comments:
Post a Comment