Day 4 (10.8.) So far the nicest day of this week: warm, sunny, moderate winds. After breakfast I received a SMS, that we would meet at Klitmoeller at 1130 (instead of 1000 at Lyngby). This meant a drive of about 120km, but I made it on time :-)
Klitmoeller is another huge beach, ideally suited for ground handling.
| Klitmoeller -looking South |
After 'individual' training for about 30mins. Mike set a an out-and-return task of about 2.5kms (each way) - to be done with the wing always overhead -either flying, kiting, walking...
My stamina wouldn't let me do the whole task; so I did turn around after about 1 km; and at the turn point was the only time I had the glider on the ground for a few minutes in order to relax :-)) But getting back to 'goal' I was really exhausted and drenched in sweat. I didn't check how long it took me to do these 2 kms, but I guess it has been well over an hour. The first to finish the (complete) 'task' was Raimond -pix on 'Day 0/ 1'.)
Afterwards I followed Mike and Steff to nearby Hanstholm harbor, where I took some pix of Mike soaring the Quai wall.
No comments:
Post a Comment