Sunday, 14 August 2022

DK - Ground handling with Mike Küng - Day 5 / 6; returning home

More of the same ;-) 

Thursday: light to moderate winds: Mike showed us 'his' technique for reverse launching with brakes in hand. Until now we had trained (reverse) launching with 'no brakes' and then taking the brakes while turning around, controlling the wing until that point with the c-raisers only.

Pix by Dirk Kuensch

Although on the last day (Friday, 12.2.) the wind was predicted to be very weak, but Mike had found a beach -near Skagen/ Grenen (the northern most 'corner' of DK)- where until noon there was some wind (but almost parallel to the coast). But there was also an abandoned house Mike used to play with...

Baldur
Stefan


going up....

and down...

All in all it has been a very interesting, but also intense week - much 'better' than I had expected! I really can recommend this trainings by Mike; even if you don't intend to climb roofs, chimneys or soar quai walls etc. It would help you improve controlling the wing in 'difficult' conditions.
There would also be a second step, called 'experts training', for those who have attended this 'basic' course. I also think, that the prices he's asking for his courses are really fair -  2022: 1 course 590EUR/ both courses 540EUR/ each.

Sat/ Sun/ Mon driving back home - stopping at Essen (DE) for a day. The next 2 weeks I'll be busy preparing my trip to the US (29.8. - 8.10.) together with my friend Andy :-))






No comments: