Sunday, 18 December 2022

Arosa - more: 12./13.; 17./18.12.

Some more trips to Arosa:

12./ 13. slowly the slopes are getting 'better' - meaning that I'm not sinking anymore up to my knees into the deep snow :-) Flying has been possible only on the first day, as the 'bad' weather arrived much faster than forecast; extended sledder to Chur.

Webcam 12.12.22


17./ 18. Still, the 'FIS' is not yet groomed, but at least hard packed in places by the skiers.

Sat: launching was ok - on the 3rd attempt :-(

Many thanks to PeterN/ Züsi and Hampa for their assistance and patience, as well as to Réné for the lift to the train station!

...tailwind...

17.12.22

Sun: as the wx station in Chur was reporting southerly winds (Föhn tendency) with 15-27kmh, I decided not to repeat yesterdays flight. A surprisingly large number of pilots have made their way to the Weisshorn; launching has been a bit tricky in the unsteady SW/ W -wind. 


In order to extend my flight by a few minutes, I landed on the large meadow in 'Isla'.



No comments: