Tuesday, 6 August 2024

Disentis

Today (Tue, 6.8.) a visit to Disentis. From 4.-10.8 a Pre-PWC is being held here. I parked my car at the station at Castrisch and then rode by train to Disentis. Of course the idea has been to land near the car.... From the train station in Disentis I could ride by local bus to the cable car station. I was surprised to see, that a single ticket to Gendusas costs 31chf (no discounts for half-price ticket holders). In Arosa (in summer!) you can ride all the cablecars/ gonolas etc for 18chf as many times as you like...

Gendusas: comp TO
Pano on upper TO looking South towards Piz Medel
I hiked to the upper TO, something which went surprisingly well (considering the problem with my Achilles tendon of my left foot and the heavy back pack ;-)
Last year, when I had been here with Marlies and PeterN, I had big problems launching, but this year everything has been easy: wind straight on the nose and just strong enough to permit a good fwd launch.

comp pilots on their way to the starting cylinder
Pano (at 3100m) looking North: Oberalpstock
nice cumulus clouds, permitting good climbs
'Ruinaulta' (Rheinschlucht bei Versam)
Flims
looking towards Castrisch and Ilanz

Above my LZ at Castrisch, the valley wind has been rather strong (> 30kmh at about 200m/ gnd), but below 50m it decreased quite a bit and permitted a safe landing (after 2.5hrs) not too far from my car. All-in-all a very nice day for flying with good thermals, high cloud base and not too much wind at higher altitudes.

No comments: