Tue (20.8.) I had left home early (before 0700) in oder to reach the train at 1025 in Bernina-Suot. I drove via Bergün-Preda-Lai da Paluogna-Pontresina-Morteratsch.
![]() |
| Lai da Palpuogna (near Preda/ Albulapass) |
![]() |
| near Morteratsch: looking SW: Bellavista/ Zupo/ Piz Bernina/ Piz Morteratsch |
I had booked a room for 2 nights at Bernina-Suot and upon arrival they alreday had my room ready as well the 'Engadin-card' - permitting free travel on all busses/ trains and other means of transport in the Oberengadin. So I travelled by train to Alp Grüm (which can only be reached by train or on foot/ by bike).
![]() |
| Lago Bianco (Bernina pass) |
Here I had to hike for about 40' to the S-facing launch above Belvedere-restaurant. According to the fcst, the sky should have become overcast by 1400, but already when I got to launch there was no more sun...
![]() |
| view from Belvedere looking W: Alp Grüm (train), Palü glacier |
![]() |
| Launch looking S: Val Puschlav, le Prese |
But at least the wind has been straight on the nose...

Cavaglia: looking back to launch; this is an excellent out-landing option (with train station). 
Poschiavo 
LZ very close to train station (10')
I landed after a it more than 20' in Poschiavo: due to the ocst it has been just an extended sledder, with the vario peeping 2 or 3 times...
Back to Bernina-Suot by train; my hotel just across the road from the station :-)





No comments:
Post a Comment