Today (Wed) there has been 8hpa north-overpressure, so from the beginning I saw little chance of flying. In the morning I have driven to Cavaglia, which I have flown over yesterday. There is a very inmpressive 'glacier mill garden' with quite a large number of 'mills' in a very small space.
 |
Cavaglia: looking N towards Alp Grüm/ launch (marked 'x')
|
As I had my Engadin Card, my next stop has been Diavolezza. The wind seemed to be pretty good, but I hadn't taken my gear along, so I have not been tempted to fly ;-)
 |
Diavolezza: preserving the last winter's snow...
|
 |
Diavolezza: Palü, Bellavista Bernina, Morteratsch (left to right)
|
I continued my sightseeing by driving to Silvaplana for a ride to Piz Corvatsch. At the station I got taking to a tandem pilot, so I have taken my gear with me. Even though the conditions looked nice I didn't fly as launch was quite a way down and in the case of not beeing able to fly it would have been very hard for me to carry my gear back to the cable car station... Instead I rode all the way up to the top and enjoyed the sights.
 |
looking down to launch
|
 |
Piz Corvatsch Pano looking S: Morteratsch, Bernina, Rosegg
|
 |
Corvatsch, Pano looking N: Silsersee, Silvaplanersee
|
Returnung towards Bernina-Sout I stopped first at COOP in St.Moritz to buy some dinner and then at Punt Muragl for the ride to Muottas Muragl by rope railway. Here it probably would have been possible to fly, but the wind has been rather gusty...
 |
Muottas Muragl, looking SW: Palü, Bernina
|
 |
launch looking NW-N: Samedan
|
Final stop at Morteratsch for a 'dinner with a view'
 |
looking W: Bellavista, Piz Bernina, Piz Morteratsch
|
No comments:
Post a Comment