Sunday, 25 August 2024

(Livigno) / Scuol

Thur (22.8.) For a moment I felt like going to Alp Grüm again, but -already on the way to the train station- I (luckily) changed my mind. Because, after having reached Bernina Pass, it was clear, that no flying there would have been possible: all in low clouds. So I continued to 'Livigno'. which is the Italian equivalent to Samnaun (in Switzerland): both are tax-free valleys...

Prices in EUR...
Pano at 'Carosello 3000' (2750) looking South-East
Pano looking North-West
I did ride the gondola to 'Carosello 3000', but the wind came in due West, for which there is no launch nearby; I also didn't see any other (tandem) pilots, so I renaunced and used my return ticket which I had purchased for exactly this case...

excellent Cappuccino!!

After having filled up the tank I continued via the 'Munt la Schera'-tunnel back into Switzerland. Having not slept very well the last 2 nights I had to interrupt my driving in order to take a nap before continuing to Scuol. Here I had dinner with some (Leeloo-flying) friends.

Fri (23.8.). The fcst looked much more promising today, albeit with thermal activity starting rather late. So it was almost 1300, before I finally launched.
...for a moment 5 (!) Leeloos on launch...
Ftan
over Ftan,looking East towards Scuol

At first it has been rather 'hard' work staying up / getting higher, but in the end I made it up to 2900m and it looked as 3500m would have been possible later in the afternoon. But by then I had landed, packed up, had a drink and ice cream with my friends and was already on my way home :-)

No comments: