Thursday, 10 April 2025

iCamp: Mon: Levico & Feltre/ Tue: Caltrano-Bassano

The good wx continues...

Tue (7.4.) First we made a flight here in Levico. Conditions on launch have been pretty strong. If I had been here alone, I wouldn't have attempted to launch, but with the assistance of Igor and Thomas I decided to try. I got airborne, but it has not been a good launch :-(  In addition, the house-thermal has been rather spicy and also pushed over by the wind, so I just headed for the LZ.

LZ Barco (looking East)

In the afternoon we changed to Feltre/ Mte Avena, where conditions have been much more agreable ;-) I launched for the first time off the East launch and quickly found some nice thermals. After an uneventful flight the landing at the main LZ demanded a lot of patience as there has been abundant (but smooth) lift.

Mte. Avena: East-launch
over East-launch, looking North
Mte.Avena: Main.LZ

Wed (8.4.) after a detailed debriefing of yesterday's flights it was decided head for Caltrano and try to reach Bassano from there (about 22kms).

Caltrano - Campanaro-launch (looking East)
Caltrano - Campanaro-launch
Conditions had been excellent and I have been able to reach the LZ 'Paradiso' in Bassano in just a little over an hour :-) From there (at 570m), a thermal has taken me all the way up to 1800m and it has been 'easy cruising' up to Panettone/ Mte.Grappa (even a little beyond) and back to the antennas at Costalunga...

Mte.Grappa / Panettone (looking East)

Note: interestigly, when flying on half-bar, my LeelooX had a tendency to frontstall: after the flight I have told this Michael and he said that this is due to the fact that in this configuration the manoeuver-lines are under a bit of tension (which they shouldn't be) and that he'd be fixing this the next day. (That was probably also the reason for the frontstall at Cari >> video) The suspected reason for this behaviour could be a minor lenghtening of the A- and B-lines over time due to the tension 'produced' by flying...

No comments: