Sunday, 18 May 2025

iCamp (SIV) '25 - SIV (Mte Baldo) / Mte Pizzocolo / (Levico)

Thr (15.5.) Another day over Lake Garda; I could make 2 flights, this time with the LeelooX. I repeated the same manoeuvers I did Sun/ Mon with my Leeloo1: Spriraly/ Wingovers etc. One pilot of our group had to throw his reserve and landed in the water, but otherwise no major 'mishaps'....

For a while training had to be interrupted as several pilots landed in the water at the same time, so all the lifeboats became 'occupied'. Again an interruption in the afternoon, as cloud base sunk below launch and some thunder could be heard nearby... But I could make my second flight. No 3rd flight due to wx/ OD...

Fri (16.5.) Most of the pilots felt they had 'enough', so we drove to San Michele for a flight from Mte Pizzocolo. Unfortunatley one 1 flight, as it started to OD and rain in the early aftrenoon. But it's a nice flying area, which can be reached by shuttle form the LZ (in about 30'). Huge TO (facing E-S-W) - toplanding is also possible) as well as a large LZ (large enough for HG). (Unfortunatley no aerial pix as I had forgotten my camera...)

LZ in San Michele
Shuttle: 4*4 Landrover
West-launch (looking towards Brescia)
South launch / Lake Garda
finally a pretty good reverse launch ;-)

Monte Baldo (seen from the west side of Lake Garda on the way back to Rovereto)
Changing risers on my LeelooX (Thomas/ Michael)

Fri, (17.5.) Last day as our iCamp was to end around 1400. The fcst made Michael select Levico Therme/ Vetriolo as today's flying site. I made a small detour in order to be able to take some pix of a church we had seen while driving to / from Mte.Summano.

Eremita San Colombano
Rovereto
Lago di Cadenazzo
Vetriolo launch

Unfortunately no flying anymore as shortly after our arrival the 'North-Föhn' has broken through :-(

As I had 2 more days before heading home, I drove to San Michele, hoping for another flight from Mte.Pizzocolo on Sunday...


No comments: