Friday, 23 January 2026

CO'26 22.1. Jerico

The next days we'll be flying around Cauca Vejo, as there are many nice sites nearby.


Thr: we went to Jerico, a pittoresque Town at 2000m, about 45' drive from our accommodation here at Cauca Vejo; And there is a LZ very close :-)

Again Lucho has chosen a very nice accommodation for us and for once I did even sleep ok without too much coughing. By chance Lucho and his group also stayed the night here in Cauca Vejo, so I had he opportunity to meet him and thank him (again) for the outstanding job he did in organizing my tour!

all the accommodations have a small pool - even warm enough for me ;-)

We spent an hour exploring Jerico, before heading for the 'Ecoland'-launch. 


Unfortunately, today a lot of humidity has been in the air and the launch has been 'fogged in' for quite a while... But finally It had cleared up and everybody got to fly.

'Ecoland'
LZ 'Cauca Vejo'
Thermals have been very weak and I had to land just short of 30'; some have been more lucky and could extend their flights to 45'+.


No comments: