Sunday, 11 January 2026

CO'26 10.1. Buitrera

It has been raining quite heavily during the night so there has been no hope for a big flight. But we left -as planned- for Buitrera, a site south of Palmira. Actually yesterday Edinson and Kari had flown there (and back) from Piedechinche.

...tandem pilots parawaiting at the LZ...

Arriving at Buitrera,  the mountain was still covered by low clouds, so we visited 'Nirvana' a 'parque naturaleza' where we could see a small part of the immense flora Columbia has to offer. Later it cleared up and the tandems began to operate, so we headed for the LZ for a ride up to launch.

...looking better...
LZ Buitrera

The LZ at Buitrara is rather tricky as it has a slight downhill slope and is divided by 2 fences running across; we saw some 'not so nice' tandem landings. But luckily there is an alternative LZ, which requires a bit of a walk (less than 1 km to the road), but is free of obstacles and very large. All (except Oli) landed there.

Barlovento-launch (facing W)

I had a 'small' problem on launch as an A-line got caught. Something I didn't realize as there is no force on this line when I initially pulled up the wing with the manouever lines. Si I headed straight for the alternative LZ and managed a good landing. Later it started to OD and all landed. On the way back to Santa Elena we stopped at Palmira for shopping and changing money.

Buitrera looking West


No comments: