
ZRH-LHR: BA709, C-class, A321: almost on time: more than 100kts headwind at times, therefore also light turbulence for a short while.
Remark: good breakfast, including warm 'pain au chocolat'. The AP (Sigi Müller) was very attentive to detail, so after the turbulence spilt some tea onto my tray, he immediately brought some napkins... Arrived LHR with about 20mins delay.
LHR-LAX: BA279, F-class, B744: flttime: 10hrs25mins, landed on time, but due to occupied stand arrived 20mins late at gate. Outstanding service by MC Martin Powell and AP Mark. Even slept about 3hrs.
Getting through immigration and custums took about 1hr.
Alamo rental cars: it took a while to find the car I needed: I wanted to have a car NOT in black or dark color and with 4LO-gear, but in the end I got it.
Traffic across Los Angeles to San Bernardino was rather slow: it took 1hr more than my GPS had originally calculated. So I drove straight to the LZ (landing-zone) at Marshall, where I met Arnie. I quickly changed and then we drove to launch. As it was already qute late (1800), thermals were weak and after 30mins we landed. After we got Arnie's car down I finally felt the long day; I had to skip dinner with him, made a few shoppings and checked in at the Days Inn.
No comments:
Post a Comment