Saturday, 12 September 2009

Mt.Edna + Cove

Today we got more luck with the gate and we could drive up Mt.Edna. Winds were out of the N, perfectly on the nose for launch.



With these kinds of winds, we (Stacy, Todd and I) never got up really, but we could soar a small ridge for quite some time. Doug (Stacy's son) made the retreives - THANKS!

Later in the afternoon we (without Doug) drove up Cove. Stacy explained how to fly this site with a NW-Wind and how to bench up to the top of Cove. As winds were really light I had to launch forward of the N launch. Stacy's tipps proved to be very helpful, so within a short while Todd and I had benched up. The thermals were perfectly smooth. Stacy toplanded to get the car; Todd and I landed shortly after sunset - just awesome!!

No comments: