I had to abort my first take-off. In doing this my stirrup/ accelerator got tangeled around my cockpit, but I didn't realize this until I became airborne on my 2nd try. It took me a while to figure out what had happened and some more time until I saw a way to fix this problem. I knew that I had to use both of my hand to do this, so I headed out towards the Valley to find a calm enough spot where I could let loose both brakes. I had to unhook the left side of my cockpit to get the stirrup released. Until then it wouldn't even have been possible to throw my reserve... All this took a lot of time while I sank lower and lower. I could catch one nice thermal but that was it :-((
Arnie had an excellent flight (5mi N of Bishop), also the rest of the group is quite happy with their flights.
Tomorrow there will be (probably) another chance...
Om the way back we saw a huge group of wild deer (?), which take advantage of the grassy meadows in the valley. They seem to be left alone...
No comments:
Post a Comment