Tuesday, 14 June 2016

US'16 0613 -Outbound flight

Departing Switzerland in a day with continous rain.
Zurich (LSZH/ ZRH), SWISS B-777
This was one of the first SWISS flights with the B777 on the leg from ZRH to LAX.


actual flight
For the first few hours there was nothing else to do but to enjoy the food and the luxury of the cabin, as we've been continuously flying above clouds without any ground visibility. But shortly after passing Greenland, the sky cleared up and for quite a while offered amazing views.


Icebrge (Labrador Sea)


Unfortunately the Rockies have been hidden by clouds; we actually had to made a 'detour' to avoid CB's over the mountains. And it only cleared uponce we've reached St.George (UT).

But from there on I was able to see a number of sites I know and have been flying on my earlier trips: UT: Honeymoon, Mollies, St.George; NV: Jean Dry Lake, Goodsprings (we hope to fly there) and Crestline/ Elsinore (CA) -though no flying planned there .


St.George: the 'Usual' - unfortunately closed since the new airport opened nearby :-((
Jean Dry Bed (NV) -I have towed here with Ron Pecks


No comments: