Just about 20mins later we got a warning light on the dashboard 'Check Gauges' and the water temperature was at the upper limit :-((
| Mt.Edna (where the road 'disappears') |
Going up Monroe everything looked fine until just below the 'Monroe 10' launch, when we were stopped by a herd of sheep being driven up the mountain for the summer.
Waiting behind this flock of sheep to clear the way for us would have meant, that we'd miss also the launch window on Monroe Peak. So rather quickly and unanimously we decided that Andy and Stacy would launch from 'Monroe 10', which was just a short hike up from the road, while I would drive the car down once they had launched. This way they have been (just) barely making the window; whereas when I would have wanted to fly, we (or at least I) would have missed it: I'm just too slow getting ready and I don't want to be rushed into taking off; furthermore the launch with its sage bushes and stones is not exactly the kind I'm looking forward too ;-)
![]() |
| waiting for Andy & Stacy to launch |
| Andy |
| Stacy just airborne |
![]() |
| CB's developing also over Cove... |
![]() |
| situation when I got to the LZ in Monroe (looking towards Edna) |
Answer to yesterdays 'question'; "It's both f...ing close to water" ;-)



No comments:
Post a Comment