Friday, 2 February 2018

Ansermanuevo (cont)

>>> no decent internet access here in our finca on the mountain in Ansermanuevo; so I had to wait until we had left before I could continue posting - sorry!

A few words about the wx: apparently this is a 'Ninja'-year. This means more humidity, clouds and sometimes also wind than in a 'normal' year.
So flying conditions have been tricky at times, even though we had been flying every day. 

Finca: our cook / Pedro
BBQ...
launch
LZs as seen from launch
Our original plan was to leave here earlier and go to Jericho for some more flying. But due to this prevailing conditions, the wx further north is not looking very promising, so the stay here was extended and only 1 night planned for Jericho, then on to Medellin.
I had originally planned to stay a few days more in Medellin and fly some sites there, but after several discussions with Pedro (our local guide) I changed my mind.
It is quite a long drive (6+ hrs) from Ansermanuevo to Jericho, especially as all traffic has to make a detour of about 2 hours due to a bridge under repair. Then it's another 2 hours to Medellin. So much driving just to see and eventually make a sledder a the sites further north didn't make much sense. (And I must also get back to Cali, as my flight will be leaving from there!) So I decided to leave our group on Thursday (together with Basil and André) and head back to Rodanillo for the next days.



No comments: