Tuesday, 6 February 2018

Roldanillo: last day

Completely contrary to yesterday, I woke up to an almost cloudless sky. So again (together with André and Basil)  took a taxi  los Tanques. Although we arrived rather early, many pilots had arrived even earlier.



Nice CUs started to form with a much higher cloudbase than yesterday. So off I went for my last flight here at Roldanillo: first north towards la Union. As I feared I wouldn't be able to cross beyond this town and thus would have to land early, I turned around and headed south, passing Roldanillo and 'Agua Panelas' launch.
I think even  more pilots have been flying today than yesterday: the XContest is full of flights from Roldanillo (and other launches) in the Cauca Valley.


Agua Panelas

So a little short of 2 hours I landed in Bolivar, from where I returned to Roldanillo by bus.

Here I picked up my gear at Sully's and Zak's house (where I had deposited it earlier this mornig when checking out of my hotel). Then I called a taxi and was driven to Santa Elena (Piedechinche) - about 2hrs.
Interestingly a taxi driver is not allowed to go just anywhere; if he wants to leave his 'region' he needs a written permission...




No comments: