Last day here in Colombia...
Today Johnatan (from Dedalos, with driver Florian) took me to 'Florida', a site near Cali/ south of the airport. In order to have good flying here, the sun needs to heat up the flats/ foothills. In the morning, when we decided to go there, it looked like it might work, but upon arrival on launch: lots of clouds...
 |
| ...another nicely groomed Colombian launch... |
They looked like they would thin out later in the afternoon, but I was unable to wait that long, as I needed to be at the airport around 1600, in order to have enough time to change and pack my gear properly for the return flight.
 |
| looking towards the town of Florida |
In order to strech out my flight as much as possible, I was scratching all the way down and in the end had to make an out-landing.
Then I was taken back to the airport. Here I had hoped to rent a day room for a couple of hours, but unfortunately all rooms seemed to be occupied, so I had to change -without showering- in a bathroom :-((
Even though I had planned a connexion time of >2hrs in BOG, this was (almost) not enough, as the Avianca flight from CLO arrived 1.5hrs late. In BOG I had to pass through immigration and (again) through security, I finally arrived at the gate at STD, but was by far not the last one ;-)
 |
| route flown: 9hr 25min |
 |
| Boeing 787 (Dreamliner) descending over Spain |
Due to favorable winds the Avianca flight BOG-MAD arrived in MAD almost on schedule. I had been able to sleep a little. As I had renounced dinner, I needed 'something' to keep me going before the final leg to ZRH ;-)
 |
| 'Culeton de Ternera' (500gr) |
MAD-ZRH (Iberia A319): perfectly on time! Beautiful sunset over the Alps.
 |
| Mont Blanc |
 |
| ...again... |
 |
| Swiss Alps: Eiger, Mönch |
Picked up by Ruth - MANY thanks, but of course not only for the pick up!!
No comments:
Post a Comment