Tuesday, 6 February 2018

Roldanillo :-((

Today (Sunday) started off not very promising: lots of (low) clouds and humidity: When we got to Los Tanques cloud base was still below launch and it rained even a bit at times.

...in cloud base...

But as we had hoped for, it slowly started to clear up, cloud base rised and soon the first pilots launched. André and Basil got off easily, I on the other hand somehow managed to pull my reserve out of its continer while getting ready - don't ask me how; I think it happend only twice in the last 20 years. As it was still raining very little and as I am unable to reinstall the resreve myself, I had to drive back to Roldanillo. Luckily a bus with some other pilots who didn't elect to fly, was just leaving and they gave me a lift back to my hotel.
Basil had a short flight only but André did well.

drying my glider

I texted Pete (the guy from Colorado I met again last Friday) if he was able and willing to help me fix this problem. Later in the afternoon, after I had dried my glider on the hotel's terrace, he showed up and expertly reistalled my reserve - many thanks Pete!!!

Meanwhile the sky had changed completely: nice CU's, high base, not too much (?) wind. I wonder what flights will be uploaded to XContest later this afternoon.


Excellent dinner together with André and Basil at 'Che Caffé': so far the best beef on this trip (and cooked to perfection)!











No comments: