Tuesday, 3 September 2019

Kronplatz

Originally I had planned to go to Ossiachersee/ Gerkitzen for another 'Dual Tandem SIV' with Xandi, but unfortunately he had to cancel the training :-((. There is a small chance that I might find an alternative with another instructor (Benni Hörburger) in  a few days.

So I ended up in Bruneck flying Kronplatz, which is one of the few sites around here well suited for the forcasted North wind. I have been here once before: September 1998 on a tripguided by my friend 'Rolfito'. Rolf lives now permanently in Valle de Abdalajis, Andalucia (ES) and is offering hiking and (motor)-bike tours,


while riding the gondola: layer of stratus clouds, but quickly burned away by the sun
apparently not only me thought this would be a good place...
MMM: Messner's Mountain Museum Corones
Marmolada
Looking North: Bruneck, Speikboden
Large LZ just by gondola station

I made 2 sledders, as no thermals develloped on the north slopes of Kronplatz. Afterwards I continued to Campitello, where I hope that by tomorrow the North wind will have sufficiently decreased to permit a good flight. Here I can also meet my friend Masa from Japan again; we'll have dinner together tonight.



No comments: