Though not all of them made it to base, for one the flight was over 5 seconds after his launch ;-)
Luckily he has not been hurt at all. By chance I was watching his launch: it would have been sufficient if he just had pulled 10cm of right brake. But he let himself drift into the cable after launching without any reaction whatsoever...
But there have been enough pilots around to help him get out of his harness and back to 'terra firma'.
![]() |
| lots of pilots waiting to launch... |
![]() |
| ...and in the air |
To get away from the big crowd, I descended to the SW-launch below Col Rodella. For me this is always a bit of a gamble, because if I wouldn't be able to launch for whatever reason it would be very hard for me (resp my back) to carry my gear back up to the cable car station.
| Marmolada (3343m) |
![]() |
| Langkofel, Sella, Pordoi, Piz Boé |
![]() |
| in front of Rosengaten/ Cattinaccio looking west |
| a 'little' reward for a great flying day ;-) |





No comments:
Post a Comment