Sunday, 17 May 2020

Euthal: 'local crusing'

'Euthal': my last flights here have been in 2004. Originally I had planned to fly 'Hummel', but passing the LZ I saw that there have been just way too many people; furthermore it's a longer hike to get to launch, so I continued to 'Euthal', just a few kms up the road at the end of 'Sihlsee'. In less than 20' I was able to reach launch - there are several options.

launch: looking NW towards Hummel
Overview: launches, access, P, LZ
Pano looking SE (towards LS-D12: right side of center)
Conditions for launch have been perfect: not too much wind, but still strong enough to climb up immediately :-)
Interestingly conditions became weaker the longer I flew; also the aerology has been rather strange: clearly the wind on the ground/ LZ was NW; but higher up: N, NE, E???

looking NW: Sihlsee, Hummel
LZ, P, beginning of track to launches

No comments: