At short notice I decided to go to Fronalp (above Mollis, GL). This site can be reached by car (taxi), as after yesterday's 'hike', my back needed some rest ;-)
On the way I stopped at Basisrausch, where Danny Kamm gave me a U-Turn Vision to try. A long time ago he had tried to organize this wing in size L. As he didn't receive this size by the time I left for La Plama at the end of December, I never had the opportuity to test it.
| Launch: pano looking NNW towards Mollis |
I had to wait until after 1700 for the wind to die down enough at the LZ at the small Aerodrome of Mollis. But the wait was well worth it: an easy launch and soon after 2 locals showed me the house thermals :-)
![]() |
| Fronalp: launch on the rh side (2 gliders) |
| looking NNW: Mollis; LZ is on the East side of the runway (left side of pix in the shadow) |
![]() |
| looking South: rh side: Mollis
I was pretty happy with the wing; it really felt comfortable, safe and trustworthy. But the usual 'problem': I'm unable to reach the outer A-riser on the lh side, so I cannot pull big ears. If I'd ever want to buy this glider, then Danny would have to come up with a clever fix. Also the compression pack is not really to my liking. Though packing the glider this way takes up very little space, I don't know if this kind of packing would also work, when the glider is NOT unhooked...
So I have not 'discarded' the U-Turn Vision yet, but I'm hoping to lie my hands on a Niviuk Ikuma 2 and a Triple Seven Rook 3 soon. Then I hope I'll be able to make a final desicion.
|
Test by Bazil Ziad here.




No comments:
Post a Comment