![]() |
| Soncheaux |
Today I parked my car at the official LZ and took a taxi to the 'private' landing at the Lake Geneva used for the wing tests. They let me ride up to the launch at Soncheaux (1400m) with the test pilots. This launch is also used for the yearly 'Villeneuve Acro Show'.
| Chateau Chillon |
![]() |
| official LZ at Rennaz -looking towards launch/ Rochers de Naye |
I don't remember having flown this site yet; in the early 90's I might have been here once, but we couldn't/ didn't fly...
As I launched around 1130 thermals had not yet really been well established, so I scratched around for about 45'.
After having packed up I then drove to Val d'Illiez. As luck would have it I arrived there just as Jean Philippe was about to head up to Croix de l'Aiguille with some student pilots. I parked my car, got my gear and off we went. Arriving just a minute later I would have missed this ride and would have had to wait :-))
| Croix de l'Aiguille |
![]() |
| Signal de Soi, Dents du Midi |
Nice thermals, great views!
Originally I had planned for an evening flight from Signal de Soi. But by the time the bus was about to leave, Jean Philippe got the information that that on top there was North wind. In order to reach any possible launch site for these conditions (about 30') hiking is required, so I had to give up my seat in the shuttle...



No comments:
Post a Comment