Saturday, 9 May 2020

Schrina: hard work ;-)

Today I was finally (!) able to fly with Beda (a long time friend and former colleague from Swissair times). We had planned a long time for this but it never happened as his company keeps him pretty busy. Even now during the lock-down he's working full time. Some probably will consider him lucky ;-)
We drove up all the way to the launch above Walenstadt, called 'Schrina'; so I just had to carry my gear for a good 10' - thanks a lot!


The site today attracted many pilots, some of them having problems in estimating how much '2 metres' actually is ;-)



Anyway, launch is big enough and we hiked a few minutes further up where we had more than enough space for us.



Beda launched first and soon disappeared from sight, as the conditions had been rather weak. I waited about 40' longer before launching: a good launch despite the rater flat terrain. But I had to work for more than 30' before getting above launch (1400m) and another 25' before getting above 1800m. From then on it was easy going up (max) 2300m. 

Säntis
Chäserrugg: Gondolastation and restaurant

The first hour had taken up much energy and I didn't feel like going really far, even though cloud base was much higher and the forcasted CU's didn't materialize.

Pano looking East towards Sargans
Pano looking West: Walenstadt, Walensee, Churfirsten

I landed afer 1h40' at the official LZ in Walenstadt. Before heading home I drove Beda up towards Schrina, so he could retrieve his car. We hope to be able to fly more often together in the future...

Track
Track can be seen also here

No comments: