Monday, 18 September 2023

Italy -'H&F' day 2 -Monte Tranquillo

Monday: another h&f day: at around 1000 we left Forca d'Acero (where I had parked my car yesterday) and headed for Monte Tranquillo. After 4+ hours (with an altidude gain of 430m) we reached our launch...

Initially the track led through a nice forest (in the shade) and I could carry my glider myself (about 60% of the whole distance), Then for a while (about 10%) the track became very steep and difficult, here Ronnie left his pack further up and came back down and took my pack. As I reached the spot where Ronnie had left his gear, I took his rucksack and carried it for the rest of the way. Many thanks to Ronnie and Rene for their assistance!!! 

Track recorded by Ronny

resting on launch
launch looking SW
Pano looking East (where we had come from / Monte Panico)

I landed after about 50' at the same LZ in San Donato as yesterday; unfortunately the cloud cover arrived much faster than forecasted/ anticipated and dampened the thermals quite a lot. This provided for a smooth ride, but also shortened our flights quite a bit.

Getting back to our hotel at Pescasseroli, Aisha (an elderly lady-wulf) rested in front of the entrance...


As I had 2 ice-creams at San Donato, I skipped dinner ;-)

No comments: