Friday, 22 September 2023

Italy -'H&F' days 5 / 6 -Cassino

Thursday: Strong winds, rain, clouds: very difficult to find a flyable site: in the end we went to Cassino, where (after a stop at the gelateria in Cassino) 1 or 2 flights (extended sledders) could be made.

Gudrun feeding the foxes
Cassino: pano looking South

Friday: as fcst for today and also for the next days looked very unfavourable (wind, rain) and the only possible option -Norma- for an eventual (!) flight would be almost a 3 hrs drive (one-way!), the h&f-week came kind of to a premature end as half the pilots left in search for better (flying) options...

I was among them, wanting to drive via Norma and afterwards stop somewhere along the way to Alba for the night. But getting closer to Norma ist was very clear, that flying was no option: RAIN/ low clouds. So I even didn't make the detour to this flying site and headed straight for Alba. It has been a looong drive with stop-and-go in Florence and Genua: here I lost almost 1/2hr due to traffic jams. Tomorrow I hope to see some old friends in Alba. 

finally blue skies (near Alessandria)

Coming Sunday: maybe passing by Cavallaria on my way home from Alba...

No comments: