Mon (8.1.) Again flying at Crucita. The quick ones launched from 'Aeordrome' (I worked on my Cobra with Igor and Michel), but soon wind increased and veered more to the west, so we moved to 'Guacachina'.
After having waited for a while until Peter landed, I could then test-fly Michael's latest 'product: the Leeloo-2L. Where '2L' stands for 'two-liner'. This is a prototype and he claims the wing would pass the EN-B tests (without folding lines etc)...
Basically this Leeloo-2L handels like the 'regular' Leeloo: for me the biggest difference is the trim speed, which seems to be about 2 or 3 kmh faster. But Michael is known for trimming his wings on the fast side. I myself didn't feel too comfortable about this (especially close to the Gnd, TO, and LDG). As my abilities to run really fast are (unfortunately) rather limited, this is not something which is very helpful to me. But I have to say that accelerated the wing glides extremely nicely (as far as I can judge this with my limited knowledge of such gliders). Even accelerating to 100% does not need to much power.
As the winds (without sun) continously weakend many of us have been forced to land on the beach. Just 1 flight today, but it has been well worth waiting for Peter to hand me over this wing.
Tue (9.1.) It had rained the whole night. Shortly after noon we left for launch, hoping the wind would eventually be strong enough to permit flying. But with so much rain and humidity, the sky remained overcast. No sun = no wind; very sunny = lots of wind. So a partly cloudy sky would actually be best. At 1600 we decided to call it a day and returend to our hostal: Just a few of our group made (very) short sledders and had to land at the beach...
Of course, as soon as we got back to our accommodation, the sky started to clear. But it has been too late to 'turn on the wind'.



No comments:
Post a Comment