Thursday, 4 January 2024

EC / CO 2024 -Travel (Part2)

The aircraft left BOG on time and we landed at UIO shortly before midnight. 

departing BOG

Immigtation and customs into Ecuador have been easy and quick. But the following hours -before I could check in for the flight to Manta (MEC)- have been a real 'pain in the a...': little space to sit, only later I've found a place I could actually lay down for a while. But already the whole day I had some choughing spells, which while lying became especially bad...

Unfortunately I had left my second iPhone (with the WhatsApp contacts) at security check in UIO and when I finally realized this, it has been too late to get back and pick it up again :-(( Luckily the App 'where is' keeps track of my iPhone (something extremely helpful). The problem: I (or someone I know) needs to pick it up at security in UIO...  

departing UIO
UIO-MEC
arriving MEC

The flight to MEC lasted only 35' and I have been  picked up by a taxi driver Michael had organized; 45' later I arrived at my destination in Crucita. After having said hello I finally had a good, albeit short, rest. All-in-all more than 28hrs travel time and more than 33hrs being on my feet.

No comments: