Tuesday, 1 June 2021

Lijac -bad timing!


Arriving at the LZ conditions looked pretty good. But as I waited for the shuttle to depart and then finally was ready to launch, it started to cloud over rapidly. For me it didn't look as conditions would get better again, so I launched.

As above the ridge the lift was not very special and out in the plain pilots had been climbing well I decided to try my luck also away from the ridge - wrong desicion :-((

In addition, after having landed and packed up it started to clear again. But unfortunately the next shuttle was already full and I didn't want to wait for an (eventual next) shuttle maybe 1.5hrs later.

But the trip to Slovenia has been worthwhile anyway as I could fill up my car...

the price is nice here in Slovenia ;-)

...and of course a visit to the best gelateria around here: 'Fiore di Latte' in Gradisca d'Isonzo...


No comments: