Today I had left my car in Grüsch and went by train to Scuol. It seemed that I had -with Andy's help (thanks!)- chosen the right site considering the amount of high clouds and Sahara dust in the wx fcst all over Switzerland...
![]() |
| Schwefel-Anemone |
Launch was completely covered by alpine flowers: 'blauer Enzian' (gentiana), Schwefel-Anemone (a yellow kind of Pulsatilla alpina), Pelz-Anemone (Pulsatilla vernalis) and more.
![]() |
| Pelz-Anemone (unfortunately already withered) |
![]() |
| Pano on launch (looking East) |
But my performance today has been extremely poor: not only when considering what some other pilots launching from Motta Naluns have achieved, but also generally :-( But once just 100m below launch it was -at least for me- 'game over' as I have been unable to get back up again. In the end it just has been an extended sledder (25mins).
So back to Grüsch by train and not -as has been my faint hope in the morning- by flight...
![]() |
| Tarasp Castle |





No comments:
Post a Comment