Wednesday, 16 June 2021

Arosa

Some days in Arosa...

Sunday: Weisshorn

Unfortunately no flight due to wind on launch- otherwise conditions looked great :-( 


Pix by Webcam

Monday: Medergen/ Wangegg

The last time I've flown from here: 1997!

Today has been a very good day for me: first in the morning some golf (8 holes: 4 good/ 2 ok/ 2 bad - considering I haven't been on a course for at least 7 months). Then in the afternoon I've been able to carry my gear (without cockpit/ instruments) for almost 50' (and 175m uphill) to this launch with no major problems (like pain...)  :-))  Unfortunately the wind was NNW (iso W), so no soaring. But still much better as no flight at all and having to carry the gear back down... (no tracklog avbl)

launch is on the very lh side of the pix - on the ridge, where the snow is in front of the Schiahorn 

Later dinner with Ruth at our hut in Medergen  

Tuesday: Weisshorn

Again some golf (7 holes) in the morning... Once more tricky conditions on take-off (2*RTO due to wind) but finally I managed to have a good launch.


But conditions for flying have been very nice :-)   I flew for a bit more than an hour -taking also some pix of the launch from yesterday's flight- before landing at Prätschli.

Bernina

Weisshorn

Wangegg (yesterday's launch area) - looking towards Sapün.




No comments: