Very strange... Today I went to Wasserauen for a flight from Ebenalp. When I arrived there: nobody flying and at the cable car station I have been told that so far just 1 pilot had ridden to launch. On launch I couldn't find anybody, just a glider pack. This is extremely unusual for this site: when it's flyable there (normally) is always (!) someone in the air... But after another check of the wind forecast/ Föhndiagramm and rain radar I couldn't find a reason for NOT flying. The rain radar predicted some possible TS after 1500, so I planned my flight accordingly.
For the first hour I had the entire airspace for myself - I can't remember to have flown here before all on my own. Finally some (student) pilots turned up...
pilots getting ready at launch 
looking towards launch (cloudbase at about 1850m); Seealpsee (left
![]() |
| Hoher Kasten |
I landed (as planned) before 1500; but in the end the rain/ thunderstorms started only after 1600. But better be safe than sorry ;-)
Nice local flying for almost 2 hours :-))
| Wasserauen: Gondola station (left siide); LZ: right side |


No comments:
Post a Comment