![]() |
| ...on the way to Torlano... |
As the 1030-shuttle at Gemona was already fully booked Nicole sugested I'd go to Bernadia: some pilots would meet at the LZ in Torlano at 1030 and hike up to launch and that there might be a chance for a ride as well,,, So it turned out: Alessandro Pera took the packs of all the hikers, some food, me and my gear and drove to launch: MANY THANKS for the ride!! And it's only a few minutes to launch from where the cars are parked :-))
![]() |
| looking from LZ to launch (left side) |
![]() |
| Pano on launch - looking South |
Launches on Bernadia are not very easy: small and steep, but the mountain provides nice thermals.
![]() |
| LZ Torlano |
Landing is rather tricky, as the LZ is surrounded by vineyards; in addittion it can be rather 'lifty' in the final approach. Luckily there is an additional grass field beyond the LZ (not shown on pix), so there is no need to 'force' the glider into this LZ.
My flight lasted almost 2 hours.
Afterwards I drove (again) to Lijac and I made it just in time for the 1600-shuttle.
Contrary to yesterday I had a nice flight of about 1.5hrs.
I flew a bit towards Ajdovscina, but turned around about halfway as I preferred to land near my car. The wind was about 15-20kmh from the WSW-WNW, so part of the ridge was on the lee. Looking West I saw a glider rather low trying to make it in front of the ridge. It was difficult to judge his actual hight about the trees and whether he would make it. I said to myself: 'I wouldn't want to be in his position'. And just a few moments later...
| LZ (center of pix) looking to launch |
With this 1.5hr-flight a great flying day ended; on the way back to my hotel the 'compulsory' stop at the gelateria 'Fiore di Latte' in Gradisca ;-)






No comments:
Post a Comment