Sunday: ...nice thermals already at 1130 (1st flight), but very cold, so I landed after about 40 minutes...
For the second flight conditions got even better and some soaring at the Weisshorn became possible - launch and soaring captured by webcam ;-)
...this time it took 1hr20' before it got too cold for me...
Monday: the fcst predicted 6hpa 'North overpressure'; this made me wonder if launch on Weisshorn would be possible at all. But luckily the whole day the North component remained rather weak - actually it weakend even more for the second launch.
First flight: very strong thermals - 'sporty' at times ;-) Going up almost everywhere. Landing has been rather tricky as the LZ was in the lee of the trees as the air had to supply the strong thermals. I hoped for similar thermal conditions for my second flight. Interestingly, thermals had become much more mellow but it was still possible to get > 2700m. Unfortunately the heating in my rh glove run out of power after about 20' into the flight...
| looking towards Tieja, Medergen and Weissflue |
Towards the end of the flight I headed over towards Furkahorn/ Tijerflue where I also found nice thermals. For a moment I was tempted to continue via Medergen to Langwies/ Seta, but my rt hand simply got too cold by that time :-(
Tuesday: (KSGR) not 'fit-to-fly' :-((
No comments:
Post a Comment