Saturday, 12 March 2022

StubaiCup 2022 -1: AD Rise-4_L, (Ozone Rush-6_XL)

Today (Friday), luckily the Föhn influence here in Stubaital remained weak; tomorrow (afternoon) might be different...

Sunrise from my balcony

Breakfast buffet at Thalerhof

After having completed registration, Andrea and I went first to AirDesign, where Andrea choose a wing for her first flight after 12 years. I selected an AirDesign Rise-4, as the wing I was really interested in (Air Design Volt) is not yet available in my side. Then we took the shuttle to Fulpmes and the gondola for 'Schlick 2000'.

Schlick 2000/ Kreuzjoch: looking across hangglider ramp to PG launch

...Andrea awaiting her turn for launch...

...Andrea...

I took off a few minutes behind her...

AD Rise -4

Pano looking SSW towards Stubai glacier

 Nice launch and nice thermals :-)

Landing after 35'; the wing flies really nice and seems to be very performing; acceleration is easy and brings about 8km more at 2/3-bar. What I didn'd like: all the lines have the same colour; and the brake handles are way to small (narrow). too feel comfortable...

For my second flight I then chose an Ozone Rush 6 (in XL). The shuttle again brought me to Fulpmes for the gondola to Schlick 2000/ Kreuzjoch.

Ozone Rush-6

I did not get well along with this wing! The riser-system is rather complicated and I had big problems launching the glider. It has small cell openings (like 777 Rook-3) and thus is not easy to launch in light wind conditions - after 3 fails I packed up and rode the gondola down :-((

But the dinner made more than up for the 'frustration' of the (non) afternoon-flight ;-)





No comments: