(Mon (2.9.) I already left shortly before 0700 for my drive to Italy; more precise, the Dolomites. As I had missed the car-train through the Vereina-tunnel by just a few minutes, I drove across the Flüelapass. Arriving at the LZ in Schleis, it looked rather promising, but I knew that I had to be on the ground latest by 1400, due to OD in the fcst...
 |
| large LZ in Schleis, looking up to Prämajur / Watles |
 |
| Schleis: farmers irrigating their fields |
I drove up to Prämajur (1750m), from where the chairlift starts; in summer only the first section is in service (ending at 2150m), so I had to hike to launch near Pfaffensee (at 2225m).
 |
| Pano on launch, looking South |
Conditions for launch have been really nice, but thermals remained weak due to the poor 'gradient'. But at least I could climb back up to launch altitude from Prämajur. I landed after a little more than 30' at the LZ in Schleis, packed up and reached the bus in Mals back to my car with about 10' to spare ;-)
Top-landing in Prämajur would also be an option in order to avoid having to catch the bus...
 |
| Prämajur: LZ / launch / P/ chair-lift station |
 |
| LZ in Schleis |
 |
above Prämajur, looking North, back to launch
|
Next time I'd probably park at the bus stop, timing my arrival there according the bus' schedule in order to avoid having to retreive the car after flying.
I then continued towards Meran: for a moment I wanted to fly Hirzer as well, but I got lost in the city's evening rush hour. After having been stuck their for a while, I abandoned this idea (especiallly knowing I had to pass this city again after a possible flight) and continued towards Tiers, where I'm staying for the next 3 nights.
Flying Rosengarten would have been an option IF I had been 2 hours earlier in Tiers, but so arrived there in a rain shower.
No comments:
Post a Comment