Sun (8.9.) Most probably a flight from Col Rodella would have been possible, but the sky was already covered by cirrus clouds by 0800, so I decided to start driving towards Bassano, where I had booked a room in the morning for the next 3 nights. I spent the afternoon in my room, as it started to rain (very heavy at times). Dinner: Pizza...
Mon (9.9.) The day started with lots of clouds from yesterday's rain and I hadn't high hopes for a good flight. While waiting for the humidity to dissipate, I visited Bassano (and also had an ice cream).
 |
| Bassano |
 |
....slowly starting to look better...
|
I also had a look at 2 nearby launches: Rubbio and Bielli and their LZ. Shortly before 1400 I got back to the LZ at Garden Relais and quite a number of pilots have been fying. It took about 30' for a shuttle to arrive and by 1530 I was airborne: really nice conditions with good thermals: strong but not (too) bumpy...
 |
| for a moment I feared that this cloud could devellop into something 'nasty', but it quickly fell apart... |
 |
| ...landing after 1h 45' |
 |
| ...I hope the sky will look the same tomorow... |
No comments:
Post a Comment